1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

graphics card hates ram

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jonloton, Jan 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jonloton

jonloton Thread Starter

hi

i have recently upgraded my ram. it is of the same speed and by the same manufacturer its just double the capacity. the laptop recognizes there is 1gb of ram inside but the graphic cards spazs out everytime i try to boot windows. it works in safe mode fine and allows me online but when i go to reboot my pc it looks fine then the screen goes black and nothing happens

i have rolled back the drivers that did not work i then uninstalled them and reinstalled the latest ones from the manufacures site still nothing it is an oldish laptop the samsung v25

if anyone has any ideas please help or if you need more information please ask

thanks

Jon

2. griffinspc

griffinspc

Can you go to Safe Mode and make sure the advanced settings refresh rate is correct for your monitor. Try setting it to 60Hz and 800x600 then reboot. I can't imagine why adding RAM would effect the graphics unless you physically damaged the notebook when you added the RAM.

3. schusterjo

schusterjo

Doubt it is conflict with the "graphic card", probably another issue at hand. Need to explain to us what exactly is happening when you say
    "spazs out everytime i try to boot windows"
    Need more details
    And complete system specs

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/536019

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice