1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Graphics card? help please

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rent-a-tent, Jul 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rent-a-tent

rent-a-tent Thread Starter

Hi I think my graphics card may be shot but really not sure and would appreciate an opinion.

I can now only start windows XP with all ATI drivers uninstalled.
    The problem started last week when my screen filled with static when laptop booted up. I managed to start in safe mode, restored to previous time when computer was OK and still could not boot up XP.
    A blue screen error briefy flashed up saying something about machine stuck in infinite loop due to ATI graphics card.
    I tried to install latest drivers for ATI card couldn't due I think it not recognising my graphics card.
    I have uninstalled all drivers and windows starts however the screen has some vertical lines down the first and third quarter. The screen is visible but quite annoying. The other strange things are that when I go to shut down windows I only have the option of "turn off" and "restart". "hibernate" and "standby" are there but non selectable. Also windows downloads updates but cannot install them.

My laptop is a fujitsu siemens A1667G
    CPU AMD turion 64
    Graphics card ATI RADEON MOBILITY X700
    OS Windows XP home

Thanks in advance I am not sure where to turn on this problem.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/597408

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice