Graphics card help.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Mani1111111

This is a copy post I didn't know if it belonged in hardware or gaming.
Hi guys. I'm trying to decide what graphics card to get to upgrade my pc with but as a complete noob I'm struggling more then I should. Is there anything you could recommend for around £100-200 or would I need to spend more to make it worth while?. I want to be able to play some of the newer games coming out like resident evil and battlefield one and stuff like that. Not that bothered about maxing out the graphics but being able to run games smoothly at medium to possibly high settings would be nice.
My specs are...
Processor: AMD FX 8350
Motherboard: sabertooth FX990
RAM: 8GB crusial ballistics
Graphics card: Radeon r7 200 series think it is a windforce. ( which is pretty outdated now !)
Thanks in advance!
Mani

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Sabretooth 990FX motherboard
It supports up to 32 GB(8 GB X 4) of DDR3 RAM.
Since you're using your computer for gaming, why don't you add another 8 GB and run it with 16 GB?

If you provide the brand name and model number and wattage of the power supply in your computer, the hardware/gaming experts here can more easily recommend a better graphic card.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Mani1111111

Since you're using your computer for gaming, why don't you add another 8 GB and run it with 16 GB?

If you provide the brand name and model number and wattage of the power supply in your computer, the hardware/gaming experts here can more easily recommend a better graphic card.

Yeah I think I will do. Was never sure if I would need 8 or 16 or even 64gb of ram I was quite badily informed when I fors

--------------------------------------------------------------[/QUOTE
Hi frank thank you for your reply. I was never sure if it was worth upgrading from 8gb to 16gb of ram I really should have educated myself on computers before having one built for me haha but I think I will do.
I'm using a
600W CX Corsair power supply. The manufacturers code IS 843591029445.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
The "CX" series of Corsair power supplies are designed for computers that have low power demands and are used for basic functions.
Because your computer has high power demands and is used for gaming, you should get a better quality power supply.

Suggestions:
1: yes...definitely go to 16 GB of RAM
2: Since you have an AMD setup, go with a AMD GPU.....and it's the best bang for buck card. I would get the AMD RX 480, top of the line AMD card and can handle any game on the market. For the money, you can't beat it. It only requires 150 watts of power and come in to flavors....4GB and 8GB and from $199 to $269 respectively.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online