Graphics card install fault

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Videoguy

Hi guys

I've just upgraded graphics card and I get "No signal" every time I boot the system using the HDMI port on the card. The same monitor worked fine with my previous card and I tried a second monitor with no success. So I know it isn't a fault of the monitor.
I should also mention that this same card which won't display was also in a pc which I had to return, however I think that may have been down to hardware in that pc as it wouldn't boot. Is it possible that a fault in the other pc has rendered it useless in my new pc? And I did remove the drivers for the card before

The card giving me the problem is a vtx3d radeon 7750
The card I replaced with was a Radeon 7570 (worked fine)

PC specs

Windows 8 64 bit
AMD 5700 processor
8 GB RAM
2TB HDD
Not sure about motherboard

All help appreciated
I'm just not sure what to do if I can't see anything

Thanks

Tom

Oddba11

Jim
I would test the card in a known good PC. Then you will know for sure if you have a PC or video card issue.

dai

if the card requires a pcie power plug

check you have plugged it in

check the card is seated properly

Videoguy

I've replaced it with the 7570 for now
I'm also receiving a replacement for the 7750 as i'm certain it's a card issue
If that isn't the case i'll respond here

Thanks

Tom

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online