Graphics card issues

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Wimmer66

I recently decided to build a pc, I had everything set up and working but once I added the graphics card the monitor had no signal and the keyboard and mouse wont turn on. Please help!!!

I recently decided to build a pc, I had everything set up and working but once I added the graphics card the monitor had no signal and the keyboard and mouse wont turn on. Please help!!!
Drivers?

And did you move the cable to connect the monitor to the connector on the graphics card?

Last edited:

crjdriver

Drivers have nothing to do with a no signal condition. Drivers are not loaded until windows loads. You would still get the motherboard splash screen without any driver.
And did you move the cable to connect the monitor to the connector on the graphics card?
This is most likely the problem.

What bugs me is the keyboard and mouse are not initializing. Even if the monitor was left on the on-board video, you would think that would have no effect on the keyboard and mouse and windows would load with no display. It's as if the boot up is failing prior to the installation of any the drivers, generic or otherwise.
I would suggest you pull the card, go back to onboard, go intro the bios to set the first graphics to PCI-E. Then shut down, re-seat the card and move the cable to the card and try booting again. Also make sure that you connect the proper power cable(s) to the graphics card if it requires power. The cable(s) should be labeled PCI-E.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online