1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Graphics card issues

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Wimmer66, Jun 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Wimmer66

Wimmer66 Thread Starter

I recently decided to build a pc, I had everything set up and working but once I added the graphics card the monitor had no signal and the keyboard and mouse wont turn on. Please help!!!

2. dannyk65

dannyk65

Drivers?

And did you move the cable to connect the monitor to the connector on the graphics card?

Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
  3. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Drivers have nothing to do with a no signal condition. Drivers are not loaded until windows loads. You would still get the motherboard splash screen without any driver.
    This is most likely the problem.

dannyk65 likes this.
  4. dannyk65

dannyk65

Makes sense...thanks!

5. kenbok51

kenbok51

What bugs me is the keyboard and mouse are not initializing. Even if the monitor was left on the on-board video, you would think that would have no effect on the keyboard and mouse and windows would load with no display. It's as if the boot up is failing prior to the installation of any the drivers, generic or otherwise.
    I would suggest you pull the card, go back to onboard, go intro the bios to set the first graphics to PCI-E. Then shut down, re-seat the card and move the cable to the card and try booting again. Also make sure that you connect the proper power cable(s) to the graphics card if it requires power. The cable(s) should be labeled PCI-E.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1211665

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice