1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Graphics card missing? Standard VGA Graphics Adapter

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Tsumaura, Aug 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Tsumaura

Tsumaura Thread Starter

Hi there, so I just installed windows 7 on my friend's computer. Previously they had a ATI graphics card (not sure which version) but now it says it has a Standard VGA Graphics Adapter. Because of this, the resolution isn't displayed correctly and everything is enlarged. This is very annoying. Can anyone help please?? >-<

2. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    Please post the system specs, To include Make and model System if Big Box, or same info for the following if custom or home built, Mother Board (including Revision number), Processor (Exact Model Number), Ram, Video Card, Hdd(s), Optical Drive(s), Power Supply Manufacturer Model, Wattage and Amperage on the +12V Rails, OS, and any other peripherals installed on the motherboard.

If it is Integrated Graphics then the drivers for the Graphics adapter should be available on the system manufacturer website or if custom built on the Motherboard Manufacturer website.

3. Tsumaura

Tsumaura Thread Starter

I'm on a Desktop

Model: Dimension 3000
    Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.40 GHz, 2394 Mhz, 1 Core (s), 1 Logical Processor(s)
    RAM: 768 MB
    VC: Standard VGA Graphics card
    Um I'm not exactly sure how to find anything else. I appologize, for my noobishness.

4. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    The Dell Dimension 3000 doesn't have any drivers listed for Win 7. I am rnning Win7 Pro on a Dimension 3000. I had to let Win 7 install a driver for the video. If you run Windows update it should come up with a few updated drivers for you. Either that or you can go to Dell and download the in Xp drivers and run them in compatibility mode.

5. Elvandil

Elvandil

If the graphics card is not recognized, it is because the chipset drivers are not installed. Those drivers allow communication between the board and the OS so that devices can be recognized and identified. You need to install the Windows 7 chipset.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/943626

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice