1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

graphics card/monitor problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by willya29, Jul 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. willya29

willya29 Thread Starter

I am trying to install an ATI rage fury 128 pro graphics card. When I finish installing it, my monitor goes nuts. I get three(3) of everything and my Icons have no color(show white) I have a CTX monitor which works fine with a 3D Yamaha card. Can anyone help me with this ? Is it the Monitor, the card, or what? I have downloaded the latest drivers for the card. Until I did that I just got a black screen on the monitor. I realize this isn't the greatest card in the world, but I don't want to spend a lot of money on another card and find out it won't work either. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

2. Rache

Rache Banned

First thing to check is does your mobo support it.

3. brushmaster1

brushmaster1

Also, check with ATI to see if they have updated drivers. ATI cards are pretty good, but their drivers are notoriously buggy.

4. willya29

willya29 Thread Starter

Thank you for your help. I downloaded a driver for my monior. Then iwent to registry and deleted all references to ATI. Reinstalled the card and the drivers, and, guess what, everything worked. Now I know if I want, I can get a better graphics card. Am going to use this one for awhile, however, as it is at least 3 years old and this is the first time I have been able to use it. This forum is a really big help to an old codger like me. Thanks again.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/144681

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice