1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Graphics card no longer detected in Strix SCAR II laptop

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by WVGman, Oct 27, 2019.

1. WVGman

WVGman Thread Starter

So I have the ASUS ROG Strix SCAR II GL704GW-PS74 laptop which includes the RTX 2070 in the laptop. The graphics card has been working great up until yesterday when the graphics card is no longer detected.
    nvCplUI_Dp0LAC8ybJ.png

Is it possible that while moving with my bag the connection fell loose? How would I fix that? Or could there be some other solution? I did update the drivers a few days before this happened, so it shouldn't be the drivers. Also in the device manager, it is shown as hidden and the error says that it is not connected. Thanks for any help! mmc_9d6rCLGLZe.png

2. WVGman

WVGman Thread Starter

Nevermind, apparently it fixed itself magically and I have no idea how. Sorry if you have this problem and you need a solution.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1234853

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice