1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Graphics card not performing

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by McWuffles, Feb 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. McWuffles

McWuffles Thread Starter

Hey all, I've recently got back into starcraft 2 and after updating the game to its newest state and trying to play I was consistently getting 1-10 fps whenever there was even a small fight. I was wondering if this was just a game issue but after trying several games and using a benchmarker test I was still getting seriously low fps. I have done many things to trouble shoot such as:
    1) updating my nvidia graphics driver (GeForce 540m for a XPS 15 laptop)
    2) adjusting my graphics settings either way to see if it changed anything
    3) Trying to use my integrated graphics instead
    4) uninstalling and reinstalling starcraft
    5) I did a rough job of cleaning out the fans
    6)I tried overclocking to see if that made a difference(I maybe got 10-15 fps)
    7) Defragging my hard drive
    8) Virus scan(Windows security essentials)
    9) CCleaner

I also tried monitoring my temperature of it using msi Afterburner and even after having it try to run medium to ultra graphics through a benchmark test the max temperature was only around 76 degrees celsius.
    So as of right now the game is barely playable and if anyone has any ideas as to what my problem would be it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. 2twenty2

2twenty2

3. McWuffles

McWuffles Thread Starter

Yeah I understand except it was getting no activity and I thought this category could be more applicable.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1090543

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice