1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Graphics card not recognised please help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rednax97, Jun 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rednax97

rednax97 Thread Starter

Firstly

My PC has had issues for a while. I had issues as I was not able to update drivers, my PC would restart every time and would flicker if i clicked off a video. However in games it worked perfect with no issues.

I took my GPU (GTX 1080) out and ran off integrated graphics instead. My PC did not have issues now so I though it was a GPU issue. I swapped my GPU (GTX 1080) back in and it restarted itself then ran off integrated graphics through the GPU instead of running off the GPU.

I swapped the GPU (GTX 1080) out and swapped it for another GPU (gtx 1050ti) to see if I had the same issues. This time my PC did not would not display on my monitor at all but still turns on with the GPU fans spinning. I then put my gtx 1080 bback in my PC and it would not diplay to the monitor this time and did not run off integrated graphics.

I tried the GTX 1080 on another PC but this would not display to the monitor. The GTX 1050ti works fine on this PC.

Note- I have both 8 pin power supply cables in the gpu it lights up and the fans spin in all circumstances.

Please if anyone can help it would be great;)

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

I don't think that is what happened. When you switch the 1080 back in, the screen remains at the same resolution as the integrated graphics because Windows does not change resolutions when you change GPU's. It remains with previous setting until you set a new one. In general, it will lower the resolution when current settings are not supported by whatever GPU is in use. But it will not up the resolution when a higher end GPU is inserted until you specifically set it.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1229349

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice