Graphics card (or other problem) question

Arastalis

So some time ago i decided to buy new graphics card, the one i ended buying is "Gainward GeForce GTX 1660 Super 6gb DDR6"...
In PC before 1660 i had some old Nvidia 730 (yes that old) graphics card and windows 8 installed...
With buying 1660 i had to do either windows 7 or 10 as that is what 1660 drivers support, so i went for win10
I made new clean reinstall of windows (deleting all files and apps and stuff)...
After doing all of that, installing latest drivers for everything and starting to play games and stuff i see that graphics are somewhat muddy, not sharp enough, simply put not as crisp as 730 graphics were (performance increase was there, but simply said what i saw on screen was muddy, blurry, worse then it was with old 730)
I tried to look over internet, seeing some things, but doing anything never actually helped... Graphics card is up to date all the time, win 10 is up to date, everything is regulary updated... I have that geforce experiance app that optimizes games aswell, but nothing fixed that blurry muddy screen

Only thing i can think of that left is the monitor, it is old LG W2243S with the d-sub port on the back, so when i got graphics card i had to buy hdmi to d-sub converter to actually be able to connect it to my monitor... It recognized it exactly how it should, so i dont see it being problem, but could it be? There was no problem while 730 was in pc and it was connected directly to monitor without any adapters and picture was clear... Or anyone has any other ideas about it?

Oddba11

Jim
I assume you are running at the screens native resolution? ie: 1920x1080

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts