1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Graphics card or power supply bricked need help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by hlick14, Apr 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hlick14

hlick14 Thread Starter

Hi.i have a problem but im not completly sure wether is the graphics card or the power supply.the problem is that i have been overclocking my graphics card about month ago through ntune in nvidia control panel ,everything was working perfectly for month as stated before.I left my pc on for about 24 hours and i wasnt home.when i came back it was saying there is no signal on the monitor .i restarted the pc and the loading at the start was going..but it was diffrent some letter was changed for example when it loaded the ram memory it didnt say ram memory but "ras megory" at the start i thought it could be some strange virus.but anyway i went to security mode and it was working on low resolution and 8 bit.I thought i could be the power supply problem as as for some time (about 3 months) it was making a strange bepping noice when the pc was on i tohught maybe it isnt giving enough power to the mobo.anyway it took out the graphics card and use the intergrated one.here are my specs mobo- msi 915gm .ram .1256 ram.cpu is intel pentium 4 3 ghz.graphics card is nvidia geforce 7600 gs.im not sure about the power supply.but i think is 300 watt max output..Thanks for reading .i Know its quite long but i wanted to give good description ..Please help .. Regards Jakub...Ps big up for the forum it helps a lot

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    A 300 watt PSU may be pushing it for a 7600GS, how many amps on the +12 volt rail and what brand? 300 watt for a modern system is generally not enough with any type of add-on graphics card.

But chances are the video card is damaged, maybe from the PSU or maybe from the overclocking.

I'd say get a new power supply, you want and need it even if the video card is toast, you'll want it to properly power any new replacement video card.

3. hlick14

hlick14 Thread Starter

yeah im going to check if its the graphics card problem on my frends pc..the thing with the power supply-..it was working for last 2 years with this add-on card..im not home at the moment so i let u know whats up with the psu..thanks for the reply:)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/919834

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice