graphics card/pci bus

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

rbockman

Using a Fujisu server as a desktop. The onboard graphics is lousy. I have two geforce video cards, an fx5200 ans an 8400gs, I've enabled pci in the bios, disabled the onboard graphics. Tried both Geforce cards without success, when either card is in the pci slot, the server won't boot. don't know what to try next.

Vista
i3- 3.06ghz
4gb ram

Are you sure these cards are functional?

Why do you need "good" graphics? It's a server.

Okay, I missed the part where you're using the server as a desktop...

Try a different PCI slot.

rbockman

Yup, The 8400gs just came out of the working machine that the Fujitsu replaced.

rbockman

I hope this will be useful to someone. It was not enough to disable the onboard graphics in device manager, searched the bios and found another control to disable graphics. The FX5200 is working now, the 8400GS needed a larger power supply to function. A new problem I've encountered is that MS games like solitaire are not working, the message is that resources are not loading. Not important, guess I'll figure that out eventually.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online