1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Graphics Card Problem? Maybe?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by fakeh, Jul 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. fakeh

fakeh Thread Starter

ok i knocked my computer against the wall by mistake with my leg. and it must of done something to the cords to the graphics card. my screen turned off then on, then changed colors RED GREEN PINK BLUE(i think those colors anyway) really quickly. then back to normal, ever since then fps in games such as call of duty 2 have declined by alot. i use to get 333fps. now i get 120? not even that at constant. and then recently my monitor turned itself off completely. turns out i had to replace a cord from the monitor to the computer, or the monitor to power point (i cant remember).
    would my graphics card be damaged or something els in my computer?, ive taken out my graphics card, cleaned it a little from dust etc.. put it back in, updated drivers etc.. but just still stays the same, any help would be appreciated thanks
    i have a 7600GT, if you need any other information just tell me, my computer isnt old either, about1 year.

2. fakeh

fakeh Thread Starter

sorry if i cant bump but sorry i need help with this.

3. dts73

dts73

Hiya fakeh,

Right then first off. How hard did You knock Your PC. And be honest mate. Whether it was a simple mistake or in a bout of fury at bein pounded in COD it doen't matter. We've all bin there..

4. fakeh

fakeh Thread Starter

in honesty i was moving or swinging on my chair to get in a different position i cant exactly remember, and my leg went foward and bumped the computer into the wall.
    i cant really remember how hard, but i have think it wasnt very hard, it may of been, not sure.

5. dts73

dts73

Relax buddy,

The only reason I ask is, dependong on the knock, it may have moved something else in the case. something not quite apparent.

Maybe moved a stick of mem or 2, or dislodged a card.

The best thing to do is...Power off completely, ie at the mains.

And make sure everything is sat properley ( ie RAM,VGA,HDD)

Then reboot..(y)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/596832

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice