graphics card problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Foxxer50

first time question, so here it goes. i play WoW i have a older dell system that still works great even playing warcraft. i'm running geforce 8400 gs card which was over heating due to a bad fan which has died (R.I.P.) I'm now trying to replace old card with new one which i cant seem to find. my card is 512mb DDR2 but the only one i can find so far is a 8400gs 1GB DDR3 can i use this one instead, granted the card still works without the fan untill it starts to get to hot then starts to lag to much. no problems even when wife plays downloaded games. not alot of money in budget to upgrade computer or hardware at this time, can anyone help.Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium, Service Pack 2, 32 bit
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+, x64 Family 15 Model 75 Stepping 2
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3069 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS, 512 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 238368 MB, Free - 55127 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc, 0CT103
Antivirus: McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware, Updated and Enabled

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Motherboard: Dell Inc, 0CT103
You appear to have an old Dell Dimension E521 desktop which comes with a 305 watt power supply.

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS, 512 Mb
The GeForce 8400 GS is one of the worse graphics cards that you can use for gaming.

You need a better graphics card, but you're going to be limited by the power supply in that desktop.

---------------------------------------------------

^ I think he does light gaming and might be simply looking for an equivalent replacement.

DaveBurnett

Account Closed
You CAN get replacement fans off the bay you know!!! I have a drawer full of the things from old dead cards.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts