1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Graphics card problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by italia333, Oct 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. italia333

italia333 Thread Starter

Im new to this forum and i was wondering if sombody could help me out. On ASUS SmartDoctor it is showing a problem: "VGA's voltage is out of safe bound. Motherboard doesn't supply reliable 12.0 voltage. Please contact with its manufacturer for help." and now it is showing: "vga chipset isnt functioning well!! replacing with a new fan may be needed" I have not overclocked anything or really changed any settings. I tried changing everything to its 'defaults' both on Smart doctor and EasyTune6. I also tried uninstalling & reinstalling the nvidia drivers, but still no normal result. (as well as shutting down comp etc) I've had this new computer for about a month, and everything has shown up as being 'OK' up until now. Everything seems to work okay except for the error showing something critical. Is the error a mistake or have i got a serious problem, and is there anyway i can fix it? I am pretty good with computers but i havn't had experience in this area yet. Help would be apprieciated thanks.

2. BG-0

BG-0

What brand and model is your so called 600 W power supply?

3. italia333

italia333 Thread Starter

it is a Cooler Master extreme 600w power supply (i will update my specs now), im pretty sure it would be enough power for the gtx-260 graphics card though.

4. BG-0

BG-0

5. italia333

italia333 Thread Starter

Thanks i will consider that as an option, hhough I have already met the system requirements that Nvidia set for this GPU, and everything has coped and was seen as fine till today. Are there any any ways to fix this, APART from buying from buying a stronger PSU? appreciate your time though.

6. BG-0

BG-0

You haven't met the requirements.
    "Minimum recommended power supply with +12 Volt current rating of 36 Amps."

2x18A rails don't produce a total of 36 A. There's actually 18 A to use for any other component than the CPU...

If you don't want to spend money on your power supply, it's your fault when you break your graphics card or other components.

7. italia333

italia333 Thread Starter

ohhh, that makes sence, although dno why it would have worked great before then. I'll contact my supplier tommorow since I still have warantee and see what conclusion we can then make. Thanks for your help cheers.

8. BG-0

BG-0

What did you do with it earlier, when it worked fine? With insufficient power the power supply and propably motherboard, graphics card, and memory will fail, at any time you put load on the graphics card and CPU.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/758367

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice