graphics card/RAM

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

tiera

My comp is a HP Pavillion
512 MB of RAM
Microsoft Windows XP
Media Center Edition
Version 2002
Hard drive 106 GB (suppose to be 120, but for some reason it says 106, what's up with that?)

My Graphics card is
NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 420 (HP)
Intergrated RAMDAC
64.MB

I want a better graphics card and I want to know what kind works with my comp. Please help me out. :eek: Can I get any graphics card or is there a certain kind I should get. Also I want more RAM. How do I get more? And one more thing, what will getting an extra hard drive do for me? Sorry for all the questions but I don't know much of anything about this stuff :p

Well it's either an AGP or PCI card. Star->Run-> type 'dxdiag'. Click on display look towards the bottom of the page for AGP texture acceleration. If it's enabled you have an AGP card. In which case you should be good with just about any AGP card. When your looking you should check for external power requirements(extra plug in off the PSU). If so make sure your PSU will have the recommended wattage to run the card.

tiera

Ok, thanx I'm gonna look now

edit: yes I got agp texture acceleration enabled

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online