1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Graphics Card Recommendations to serve as a TV

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself (Not Computer-Related)' started by sf_331, Apr 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sf_331

sf_331 Thread Starter

I like to think i'm pretty computer literate, but I know absolutely nothing about Graphics Card.
    I want to add a new/second? graphics card to my computer to allow me to have a second monitor running simultaneously.

The main purpose of the second monitor is for a "second TV" if you will. The computer I have is currently facing the wall and the TV is directly behind me.

Something like this

[​IMG]

I currently have DirecTV HR20 and wanted to to know if it were possible to send a second video signal to the CPU Monitor, as well as the TV it is currently hooked up to right now. If not possible, I'd just use the Slingbox on the second monitor.Not looking for anything too powerful or pricey because I dont expect to be playing heavy graphic games on my PC.

Any recommendations for a economical graphics card that will get the job done on newegg or any discount online retailer?

2. antech

antech Banned

Any Dual Port Graphics will work ONLY if you dont want any gaming on that PC

3. sf_331

sf_331 Thread Starter

I cant seem to find any graphics card online that says it will allow two monitors. Could someone provide me with a link to a card that seems to be able to handle two monitors and I can go from there and see what is the most ecnomical and which would fit me best, etc. I really would appreciate it, because I know if I go to my local electronics store - they will try and rip me off. Thanks :)

4. antech

antech Banned

Will try to search for you somrthin like that

5. sf_331

sf_331 Thread Starter

Thanks a bunch.

6. antech

antech Banned

7. antech

antech Banned

Please reply...

8. sf_331

sf_331 Thread Starter

Thanks!
    The Matrox DualHead2Go seems to be able to do the job, but may be a little out of my budget. Maybe because it's an external module. My monitor is 1920x1200 and I run Windows Vista (unfortunately) haha. Would any internal graphics card be able to do the job? Thanks again :)

9. antech

antech Banned

Please wait while I search for one.

10. antech

antech Banned

Can you please reveal your budget?

11. sf_331

sf_331 Thread Starter

Roughly $100 or so. The lower the better :)

12. antech

antech Banned

13. sf_331

sf_331 Thread Starter

Awesome!

Thanks a bunch for all the help antech!

14. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Do the outputs on the DirectTV box match up with the inputs on the graphics card? Does the DirectTV box support output to a computer?

15. antech

antech Banned

Please also verify compatibility with the DirectTV.
    You can try calling the customer care for more help as we dont have DirectTV in our country

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!