1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Graphics card shows nothing

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by themarco212, Mar 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. themarco212

themarco212 Thread Starter

So i bought a r9 280x toxic for my system and have a 8 pin and 6 pin connected to it from the PSU which will power the fans and lights upon it but when i plug it into the monitor i get no signal, I've also added another PSU so it has 2 8pin connections but still nothing. The motherboard also has been updated to the most recent bios. At the moment i'm using my inbuilt graphics and they work relatively OK for basic tasks but the GPU doesn't even shows up in device manager. What should i do?

2. KomputerKid

KomputerKid

3. themarco212

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro, 64 bit
    Processor: AMD FX(tm)-4130 Quad-Core Processor, AMD64 Family 21 Model 1 Stepping 2
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 8174 Mb
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series, 1024 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 1430445 MB, Free - 684566 MB;
    Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC., M5A78L-M/USB3
    Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled
    PSU: Alpine 750w PSU http://www.amazon.co.uk/Alpine-Quiet-Silent-Power-Supply/dp/7135799380

4. KomputerKid

KomputerKid

I'd try cleaning the connections and blowing out the slot it's installed in. If that doesn't work, since you've had the same issue with 2 PSU's the card you bought may be bad.

5. themarco212

Alright thanks

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1143993

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice