1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Graphics Card Suggestions

Discussion in 'Games' started by mcbubbs, Nov 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mcbubbs

mcbubbs Thread Starter

First of all, I'm about as computer illiterate as they come, so please be patient with me.
    I just bought a HP Pavilion a6200n PC, which I enjoy for the low price that I got it at. I do enjoy playing Diablo 2 LOD on the computer and I noticed that the game seems to lag a bit when I play it. I know it isn't the internet because the same things happen when I'm in a closed (not-online) game. The graphics card that I have is a NVIDIA GeForce 6150 SE. A friend of mine suggested that a new graphics card may be the answer.

Under the assumption that I have an expendible income (which I do). What is an option for a better graphics card for somewhere around the 150 dollar range. I don't know much about computers so anything you guys can come up with is great. Thanks.

2. Courtneyc

Courtneyc

First, you need to find out what kind of card your rig will support.

Check to see what port you have available for a graphics card, or if you have a port at all. I believe the GeForce card you have is integrated onto the motherboard.

Considering the price you probably paid, you probably don't have a PCIe slot. Therefore, PCI may be your only option. If that's the case, staying within your budget will be easy.

In any case, check to see what you can use, then post back.

Courtney

3. BlooChoo

BlooChoo

yeh the graphics u have, its not even a Graphics card, its a integrated graphics chip. You should probably consider getting an Nvidia 7600 GT if you want to play newer games

4. BlooChoo

BlooChoo

the HP Pavilion a6200n PC has a PCI-Express Graphics Slot

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/648725

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice