Graphics Card Suggestions

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mcbubbs

First of all, I'm about as computer illiterate as they come, so please be patient with me.
I just bought a HP Pavilion a6200n PC, which I enjoy for the low price that I got it at. I do enjoy playing Diablo 2 LOD on the computer and I noticed that the game seems to lag a bit when I play it. I know it isn't the internet because the same things happen when I'm in a closed (not-online) game. The graphics card that I have is a NVIDIA GeForce 6150 SE. A friend of mine suggested that a new graphics card may be the answer.

Under the assumption that I have an expendible income (which I do). What is an option for a better graphics card for somewhere around the 150 dollar range. I don't know much about computers so anything you guys can come up with is great. Thanks.

First, you need to find out what kind of card your rig will support.

Check to see what port you have available for a graphics card, or if you have a port at all. I believe the GeForce card you have is integrated onto the motherboard.

Considering the price you probably paid, you probably don't have a PCIe slot. Therefore, PCI may be your only option. If that's the case, staying within your budget will be easy.

In any case, check to see what you can use, then post back.

Courtney

yeh the graphics u have, its not even a Graphics card, its a integrated graphics chip. You should probably consider getting an Nvidia 7600 GT if you want to play newer games

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online