Graphics card/system acting weird

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Zachtothhh

So I played some GTA earlier today and everything went smoothly. Later in the day i installed le latest game ready driver and went on with my day. I got on about 30 mins ago to play some GTA and i realized that my graphics card seemed to be running a lot more intense than it usually does, and this lead it to become very hot. Also my frame rate went way down to almost 30 fps with sudden dips and spikes. I assumed it was the new driver so I installed the previous version but no luck, I still had the same problems. I tried to launch another game to see if it was just GTA but that game wont even open and it crashes whenever it does and it tries to make me boot it in safe mode. If anyone can help I would be very happy!! Please note im not so smart when it comes to computers and if it is obvious I'm sorry.

ryzen 5 5600x
1660 super oc edition
16 gb ram
EVGA 750w power supply
1tb ssd

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Did you do a "clean install" of the older driver version?
That wipes out the entire NVIDIA driver that's in your computer before it does a "clean install".

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online