Graphics card upgrade question

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

royy2

I am running a Dell 4400 P-4 1.6 with 512GB of RAM. I currently have a ATI Radeon 9000 series card with 64mb (I think) of memory.

I want to upgrade my video card and I found a cheap one that got some good reviews. The card is a SAPPHIRE ATLANTIS RADEON 9600 256MB. The card is only $58.00

Will I notice much of a difference between the new and old card? This computer is getting older, and I don't want to put an expensive card in it. I am not a big "gamer", but I do occasionally play some such as Call Of Duty and Medal of Honor, and I plan on purchasing Call Of Duty 2 soon. Is this upgrade worthwhile? Would my old card play COD 2 ok? It played COD 1 ok.

You would notice a difference going from a 64Mb 9000 to a 256Mb 9600.

The only other thing I would recommend is popping another 512 ram in it for a total of 1gig. This could be done for about $40 bucks or so.

Depends on you, if you think putting $100 into the system would be worth it or not.

-Gonz

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online