1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Graphics card upgrade

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Kbear09090, Jun 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kbear09090

Kbear09090 Thread Starter

I have a AMD 5750 graphics card circa 2011. I would like to upgrade a step or two. Any suggestions?

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 870 @ 2.93GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 30 Stepping 5
    Processor Count: 8
    RAM: 8183 Mb
    Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series, 1024 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 912 GB (617 GB Free); D: 114 GB (84 GB Free); L: 297 GB (285 GB Free);
    Motherboard: Gateway, FX6840
    Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Enabled and Updated

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

You have not included the most important part; what exact pw supply do you have installed?
    Next the latest cards often have problems with old motherboards. Most of the time as long as you have a performance motherboard ie asus, asrock, or gigabyte [running the latest bios] it works. As for a gateway, I would not be going with a nvidia 10xx series card or an amd 4xx or 5xx card.

As long as you have replaced the pw supply with a quality unit, you should be able to go with a nvida 750 or 760 card. If you have not replaced the pw supply, I would do that first.
    Here is an example;
    https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487028

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1192010

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice