1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Graphics card upgrade

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by shadowman25, Oct 5, 2003.

Unmark Solved
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. shadowman25

shadowman25 Guest Thread Starter

im running windows XP home currently have nvidia geforce 2 mx w/tv out (64 mb) pentium 4 1.8 GHz ram: 256 mb ddr. (i plan to add 512 mb to that very soon). i want to know if upgrading my graphics card to increase performance will make a noticeable difference and if so, please offer suggestions. im looking to spend no more than $150 for a graphics board. also, is there any way you can run two board in tandem? suggestions for good boards and other suggestions are appreciated. feedback on ram would be great too. if you would like to know any other sys info, please reply

2. Whitestar

Whitestar

Upgrading ur gfx card will only make noticeable performance increase in games. Aso ur going to need more than $150 if u want to get a better card than u have now and as far as i know u cant run two gfx cards at the same time.

3. shadowman25

well i was looking at pricewatch.com and saw my video card listed for <$50. and i saw many in the low 100s. and several in 150s area. im just lost as to which one will make the biggest improvment; which is the best in my price range vs. quality

4. shadowman25

what does everyone think about the GeForce FX 5200 ULTRA 128MB

5. shadowman25

sites to buy also appreciated

6. catlady13

catlady13

I have run two graphics cards at the same time using dual monitors.. but one has to be pci and one has to be agp

7. compilerxp

compilerxp

I assume you want to play 3D games... but yes - the GF2mx is a very old and very low-end video card nowadays.

Best Price<>performance are these.

$80 - MSI GeFore4 Ti4200 64mb
    $170 - ATI 9600Pro-128mb

fx5200s are very slow...

8. shadowman25

thanks, i will look into that

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/169721

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice