1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Graphics Card Upgrade ?????

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by leachim, Feb 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. leachim

leachim Thread Starter

Hi

I have seen other peoples screens and compared to theirs, mine seems a little less defined. Here are the specs of the Graphics:

==========

I am not sure if the graphics card is inbuilt in the asus board :

========

If it is, and someone suggests an upgrade, how would I go about adding one ??

Many Thanks

Mike

2. Sponsor

3. leachim

leachim Thread Starter

PS - my monitor is a LCD AG Neovo F-417

4. Jones

Jones

Well, to answer one of your questions, you do have an add-in video card. It is not built into your motherboard. It's not an incredibly high-end card, but still pretty good.

As for your screen definition or sharpness, it may be as simple as changing your resolution or color palette. What resolution are you running at now? 800x600? 1024x768? etc. What color palette are you using? 16bit? 32bit?

Otherwise, there really isn't anything apparently wrong with your setup. Although, sometimes LCD screens can appear less sharp than an equivalent CRT screen.

5. leachim

leachim Thread Starter

Hi

Yes, I am on 1280x960 and 32 bit colour.

I was used to a CRT - I now have Cleartype enabled, but still the text is less clear than a CRT ?

I suppose that is all I can do ?

Mike

6. Jones

Jones

Well, the easy way to test this theory is to temporarily hook up a CRT (and another LCD to compare) and see if it's the monitor, or your computer. I have a feeling that it's just the difference betweent the two types of displays, but that little test will tell you for sure.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/446124