1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Graphics card

Discussion in 'Games' started by siccx_fox, Feb 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. siccx_fox

siccx_fox Thread Starter

I have a 3dfx Voodoo5 graphics card and Im running on windows XP. Heres the problem, on ghost recon the graphics look like chopped up blocks, it might be the drivers i have, it seems none are really compatable with xp and sence voodoo isnt produced anymore it seems neither are compatable drivers, any sugestions?

2. ratchet

ratchet

3. siccx_fox

siccx_fox Thread Starter

for the first link i need earlier versions of the patch and the second made my computer restart when i open the game.

I hope this picture helps
    [​IMG]

4. ratchet

ratchet

If you look at the GR patch site it lists 1.3 which is the earlier patch.

5. Stos

Stos

Are you running it in OpenGL or D3D? And which part looks like the chopped blocks? I've never even seen the game played, so I don't know if the ground is supposed to look like that or not, but if it isn't, it appears to be a texturing problem....

6. siccx_fox

siccx_fox Thread Starter

im not sure what im running it on and the chopped up shadow is not supposed to look like that, the patch wouldnt go in it said the game must be installed first but the game is installed thats how i got the screen shot.

7. siccx_fox

siccx_fox Thread Starter

sorry for double posting but does it really matter what im running my game on i think im using OpenGL but im not sure is there a way to check?

8. vesselle

vesselle

*tries to say this nicely* :)
    YES! it matters!

you're using OGL.. all Voodoos did...
    you better get hooked up with GL Setup. (it's free, and really helpful. until i finally got rid of my voodoo, it made all current games playable,)

first off, keep this handy:
    http://www.opengl.org/users/gaming/index.html

now, go on over to GLsetup.com:
    http://www.glsetup.com/

read thru the site and familiarize yourself with it. find the area for your card type and keep reading. once you feel comfortable, then get yourself set up with them and download their setup and install it.

just take it slow. they have a lotta info you need to read first. it's worth it.

:)

V***V

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/119483

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice