1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Graphics Cards: How Do I Pick?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by andysniffer, Jan 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. andysniffer

andysniffer Thread Starter

my pc doesnt have a graphics card and i want to buy one but what am i looking for?
    for £37.99 i can get this :
    # ATI Radeon 9550 Chipset
    # 256MB DDR Memory
    # AGP x8 Interface
    # DVI-I / VGA / HDTV Out
    # Microsoft DirectX 9.0 Support
    # OpenGL 2.0 Support
    # Windows Vista Ready
    is thta good or bad? what do i need more of or less of? i mainly want it for games etc i.e Americas army 2.8
    i dont wnat to go over that many MB because that means paying like £50 more!
    HELP ME PLEASE! :eek:

2. Frank4d

Frank4d Retired Trusted Advisor

In this thread your budget is 50 GBP and in your other (closed) thread it is 65 GBP. Which is it?

3. twizzie

twizzie

Well, if you're gonna buy a video card for some medium-high end, isn't it worth putting in the extra buck, or over there its probably pound? Anyway, if your main focus is doing some work here and there, and in the left over time u play some halo or something like that, you should get something of that sort. But, if you're the type that has a strong hobby of video games, you have a couple of options... for an extra 20-25 pounds, you can definetly get a nice vc, with 512 MB, and pci-x. Keep in mind that pci-x is slightly faster than an Advanced Graphic Port (AGP). I'll post some links

4. twizzie

twizzie

5. twizzie

twizzie

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/538821

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice