1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Graphics cards

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by th12, May 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. th12

th12 Thread Starter

ok, so recently my computer crashed and i had to completely restart the computer (remove all files and start again basically), the graphics before ran smoothly and i could go on any game video etc... now i can hardly play anything and most videos don't load also scrolling down is much less smooth and i really need help, i looked around and couldn't find a fix but found there is probably a problem with my graphics card. i dont know how to reinstall it and can't find it anywhere on my computer anymore. quite annoying please help

2. Bernardo

Bernardo

Did you install the drivers for the video card?

3. th12

th12 Thread Starter

i tried to but nothing happened, maybe the wrong ones, if u could post the drivers for it on here
    i have a Nvida mx440

4. Bernardo

Bernardo

5. th12

th12 Thread Starter

ok i installed it and it comes up with "the NVIDA setup program could not locate any drivers which are compatible with your current hardware" HELP!

6. Bernardo

Bernardo

How about taking a peek at the card and let's be sure we have the right model.......Without me googling, I'm assuming this is an add in card, right?

7. th12

th12 Thread Starter

I'm not to sure to be honest and if i need to take it apart im not to sure what to look for either, im pretty sure it was a NVIDA Mx440 and i haven't taken any part of it apart or changed anything since my computer crashed so i dont understand why it isn't working. Is there a way to check that it is pluged in okay without taking apart the cpomputer?

8. Bernardo

Bernardo

Where is the monitor connected? Close to the same ports of the keyboard/mouse? Or is it further below everything, looking like it has a slot of its own?

9. th12

th12 Thread Starter

yes near keyboad and mouse

10. Bernardo

Bernardo

It's onboard then. You need the motherboard drivers as well as the video driver. You'll get that from the MOBO manufacturer website. If you have a branded system, go to their site instead.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/923802

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice