1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Graphics display changed spontaneously

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by CharlesAHI, Jan 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. CharlesAHI

CharlesAHI Thread Starter

Hi. When I turned my computer on this morning, all pages of the display were about 25% larger than before. The graphics are also a bit out of focus. Can anyone please tell me how to fix this? Thanks.

2. daz1

daz1 Banned

you do not say what graphics you have ??

which ever it is usually there is an icon bottom right or right click desktop and you should see something like ati ccc or nvidia control panel or graphics options , use this to reset your display

or

right click desktop ..screen resolution

or

right click desktop personalise display etc etc

3. CharlesAHI

Hi Daz1,
    Thanks for your reply to my post about my display. It was fine until I turned on my computer this morning. None of the settings you mentioned had been changed. I would like to be able to reset to default settings.
    Thanks,
    Charlie

4. blakcshadow

blakcshadow

we need more information.

Computer model/manufacturer
    windows version
    etc

5. CharlesAHI

Thanks Shadow,
    Windows 7
    Dell Inspiron 546
    AMD Athlon II X2 240, 2.8 GHz
    RAM = 2 GB

My desktop background remains normal, but all windows and desktop icons suddenly became about 25% larger when I started my computer yesterday morning. I had not changed any parameters. EAch window and its contents is now larger. I had to drag in the sides to have the windows fit the screen with some margin around them.

Have a good day,
    Charlie

6. blakcshadow

blakcshadow

7. CharlesAHI

Thanks Blakcshadow. This doesn't solve my problem. It is not a matter of type size, but rather a case of entire windows as well as their contents that are enlarged. No parameters were changed by me. It just happened by itself.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/974853

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice