Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Graphics driver problem

988 views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  Tanis 
#1 ·
Esentially, when i went to sleep yesterday my computer was working flawlessly, when i woke up it was a bit laggy and i couldn't launch the regular minecraft launcher. I resorted to an alternative launcher (lunar client) wich launched but with few FPS ( around 20-40 ) compared to my normal around a 100, i tried another launcher called badlion client wich crashed and told me that graphics card drivers or windows installion was outdated. I use intel graphics so i went on their website but it told me that they couldn't find an update for my drivers. I can provide screenshots and further details, but i'd preffer to stay away from screensharing.

I'm not very confident i posted this in the right category because im not very well versed in this type of stuff, i look forward to a sucessfull solution :)

#2 ·
We know nothing about your computer, so please do the following in it:
Download and save the tsginfo.exe file.
After it's been downloaded and saved, double-click it to run it.
Information about your computer will appear.
Return here to your thread, then copy-and-paste the ENTIRE text here.

If your computer was left turned on while you were sleeping, and it's now running laggy, have you restarted it?
It may need to refresh itself.

-------------------------------------------------

#4 ·
I hope you can get to me soon, i'm really rushing to get this over with i dont wanna resort to giving it to a technician because he'll take too long. I have been having these problems eversince i got the computer. I can't have an addition to it without any sort of trouble i mean i did order it off of a polish website when i live in the czech republic and it was prebuilt. If you're not sure with the solution the please tell me so i can try to attempt to find hope elsewhere, because not many people seem to know solutions to what my pc usually suffers from, It's strange.

#5 ·
Capture.JPG

You have THIS HP Pro 3500 Microtower PC

It was purchased in October 2013 and came with one of the Windows 7 versions.
The Certificate-Of-Authenticity sticker on it will confirm which Windows 7 version it came with.

It has Intel HD Graphics 2000 integrated graphics - which is too weak to play games.
If you want to play games in it, you should add a dedicated graphics card and another 8 GB of RAM.

---------------------------------------------------

#6 ·
View attachment 289653

You have THIS HP Pro 3500 Microtower PC

It was purchased in October 2013 and came with one of the Windows 7 versions.
The Certificate-Of-Authenticity sticker on it will confirm which Windows 7 version it came with.

It has Intel HD Graphics 2000 integrated graphics - which is too weak to play games.
If you want to play games in it, you should add a dedicated graphics card and another 8 GB of RAM.

---------------------------------------------------
Oh my, i will sure attempt to do that, but do you have ANY idea to why i could play it before and now it decided to break ? And also what avarage dedicate graphics card do you reccomend ?

#7 ·
Your PC comes with a 300W power supply, so you need to select a graphics card which has low power usage.
I haven't bought a graphics card in a long time, and they've gotten a lot more expensive, so I don't know which ones to recommend.

When was the last time you removed the side panel of that PC and examined the inside of the case?
If it's clogged with dust and debris, that can cause freezes and slowness and other issues.

#8 ·
Your PC comes with a 300W power supply, so you need to select a graphics card which has low power usage.
I haven't bought a graphics card in a long time, and they've gotten a lot more expensive, so I don't know which ones to recommend.

When was the last time you removed the side panel of that PC and examined the inside of the case?
If it's clogged with dust and debris, that can cause freezes and slowness and other issues.

I have yet to ever open the case of my computer.

#9 ·
I would agree with Frank.

Given the age of the machine I would certainly suggest taking the side panel of and reviewing dust build up, especially around the heatsinks, fans etc.

The only thing you will need is some canned air, something like the example below:

EPISENT | Air Duster | with Extension Tube | 200ml | Air Duster Spray | Compresses Gas Flammable | to Clean Electronic Equipment & Difficult to Reach Areas : Amazon.co.uk: Grocery

It doesn't need to be expensive and you can get this from most hardware / pc stores on the highstreet or online.

When you do this, ensure it is fully powered down and disconnected from the mains power supply. Disconnect all your peripherals (mouse, keyboard monitor etc) so you just have the tower itself.

It may be worthwhile doing this outside if the weather is good. If there is a large buildup of dust it will go everywhere when you try to clear it.

Use the canned air to blow the dust out of the case, paying particular attention to heatsinks and fans. When you blow the fans hold the fan still and don't let the air spin it as this could damage the bearings if it spins too fast.

HERE is a link to the manual for your PC. Page 56 provides some makes and models of Graphics cards that are likely to be compatible.Intel HD 2000 graphics are old, and as you have a prebuilt HP machine which only has a 300w power supply, which is also getting old, you will be fairly limited in your choice for a dedicated card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.