Graphics driver update causing freezes (AMD Radeon 8400)

miggyramos01

i use an hp notebook 15, an old laptop, although it says my laptop is compatible or capable of running valorant. but it told me to update my drivers so i did, although it causes my laptop to freeze every few seconds until i disable the driver. I need help to solve this issue since i really want to play, thank you. i currently run an amd radeon 8400

crjdriver

Where did you get the driver? The ONLY place you download drivers for a laptop is from the mfg ie hp. If this was a driver from the amd/ati site, reinstall the hp driver OR just do a system restore to a date prior to you installing the driver.

miggyramos01

Where did you get the driver? The ONLY place you download drivers for a laptop is from the mfg ie hp. If this was a driver from the amd/ati site, reinstall the hp driver OR just do a system restore to a date prior to you installing the driver.
this was a driver from the amd site, my laptop runs on a amd radeon 8400 r3 series, and i search which drivers are compatible for it so i downloaded the 21.3.1 on amd. what is the mfg ie hp, sorry im quite clueless.

crjdriver

what is the mfg ie hp
HP, the company that made your laptop. Laptops are very proprietary and you need to get the drivers from hp. You go to the support page for your laptop and get whatever drivers you want. If you post the exact model# it is easy to find the support page. Understand that notebook 15 is not the full model#

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online