1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

graphics failing? or some other gremlin?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by The Claw, Dec 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Claw

The Claw Thread Starter

wasn't sure where to put this so figured as it's XP I'm using then I'd put it here.

So anyway the other day came to boot up my PC and nothing would go through to the monitor (basically showing no signal input) so unplugged the VGA from the base unit and plugged it back in still nothing.I did notice one of the pins was bent on the VGA connector so figured it might have been a damaged cable end because when I tried it in the onboard graphics slot it worked fine first time,used it for a while no problem then turned it off for a while and came to use it again did exactly the same thing.Went and bought a new monitor after taking it to a local PC repair shop and when he hooked his monitor up it worked fine on both Graphics card connection ports and on on-board graphics (VGA on my monitor was built in as it's a crappy old CRT).

bought my shiny new flat screen last night and hoked it up and all worked fine....turned it off to go to bed then woke up this morning to check a few messages and it's done exactly the same.Had to connect monitor to onboard graphics again and now I'm fearing I'm going to have the same problem with this too.

does anyone have any advice on this please?

2. TekTime

TekTime

Question:

By any chance are you using the same cable that was bent to connect to the new flat-screen, or are you using a new cable?

3. The Claw

The Claw Thread Starter

nah the VGA on the CRT was built in so had to get new cable.it's back working on the graphics card for now think it might just be bugs in my system...Baseing it's probably not doing it any favours to be fair.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1029309

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice