1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Graphics Media Accelerator 900, WHAT IS IT?!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by djhc0191, Feb 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. djhc0191

djhc0191 Thread Starter

Hi guys,

I am interested in buying an eMachines T5026 from Future Shop for $800 (CDN of course). Its pretty good: P4 3.06 GHz, 512 MB RAM, DVD+RW and a "Graphics Media Accelerator" , but I game alot and I was wondering what a Graphics Media Accelerator is (BTW its an Intel GMA 900). I know that it has 128 MB of video memory but I would like 256 MB card (nVidia FX 5700 LE). Is it a video card? or some sort of integrated thingy on the motherboard and how upgradable is it?

Thanks in advance, (y)

2. lemondrop

lemondrop

Graphics Media Accelerator is an attempt to make the onboard graphics sound good. It can go up to 224MB sucking off your system memory.

The machine has no AGP slot but it does have a PCI extreme slot available. So if you are looking to add a graphics card it will have to be PCIE.

Keep in mind that the power supply in these machines aren't built for heavy duty graphics cards. You may dump a few bucks on a new power supply too.

3. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

It's higher performance "on-board video" integrated into the motherboard.

Upgradeable - no.

4. Xephar

Xephar

eMachines suck anyways. They suck a lot.... If you HAVE to go with proprietary I would say Dell, I have an HP and its okay, but it locks you out of the bios which I hate!!! My friend has a dell machine it works great.

5. djhc0191

djhc0191 Thread Starter

Ok thanks guys, however I don't really like Dell... There are many reasons (they have nothing to do with the comps themselves). I will probably get an ATI X600 PRO if I have to get a PCI-E card. Personally though, I like eMachines, nothing on HP or IBM though. All my desktops are HP, all my laptops are IBM. The reason why I am not going to buy another HP or IBM is cause they cost alot and the newer HP desktops aren't that good.

6. obvious

obvious

packard bell have always treated me well, and they dont lock the bios, but its limited for o/cing though.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/326188

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice