1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Graphics not displaying in Explorer

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Rie312, Jan 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Rie312

Rie312 Thread Starter

Today, when viewing webpages (Outlook Express is okay) graphics and icons were replaced by boxes with squares, triangles and circles inside. I'm sure there's a name for these!?! Hopefully this message will go through properly, as I'm not able to read the buttons above the message area. Photograph type images seem to be okay. Help! And, thank you!!!

2. dtugg

dtugg

3. Rie312

Rie312 Thread Starter

Thanks for responding, Dtugg... I tried the repair Explorer in the add/remore area. Didn't even know that was there! Revisited some of the sites. Now, some images are displaying, but not all. Then I made sure 'show pictures' was checked, and I unchecked 'show image place holders'. What happens now is that the areas where there were 'boxes', are blank. So rechecked 'show image placeholders'. I guess I'm totally confused! Ugh!!! To describe the boxes... They're not the ones with little red X's. These are the ones that have a red square, blue triangle and green circle in them. I don't know if that makes a difference. Any other ideas?

4. Del

Del

If it's a setting in Internet Options under the advanced tab, if you click on Restore Defaults, it should all work fine.

5. Rie312

Rie312 Thread Starter

Thank you, Del. I just restored defaults, but no change. I appreciate you're effort!

6. Rie312

Rie312 Thread Starter

dtugg and Dell... I don't know what happened, or for that matter just what fixed the problem, but after restarting for the umteenth time, all seems to be working okay. Thank you both for your help. :D I'll be visiting here often!

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/113791

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice