1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

graphics prob...

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by flasharry, Jul 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. flasharry

flasharry Thread Starter

why when i fit a new 4 gig graphics card does my monitor go blank??

come on you PC guru's lol

2. Elf-stone

Elf-stone

What the heck is a " 4 gig graphics card " ?
    Biggest I've seen is 512 MB.
    You need to add more information if you want help.
    Model of computer. Model of video card. Power supply size. Operating System.
    Give as much info as you can.

3. flasharry

flasharry Thread Starter

l'm sorry senior member, but my pc donked out (ntldr prob that l couldn't fix) so l managed to put a ME OS on a 40 gig h/d. the graphics were so bad that my b/band refused to install. l took the original graphics card out and fitted one l got off the net (nvidia gforce2mx) as l couldn't access the net, no drivers.....the monitor went blank, i took that card out and installed a brand new card l picked up somewhere,(graphic master mod 205 4mb (sorry), blank screen again, so i couldn't install the drivers with the CD. when l took that card out, the monitor came on
    so the onboard graphic is working in a fashion. l won't buy a new one because l'm a tight bugger, and l can't get the specs of this one until l get back on the net:rolleyes:

4. Elf-stone

Elf-stone

It would really help to know the model of computer, and are the cards PCI or AGP?
    Also in BIOS there may be an option to boot with PCI or AGP and it would have to be set to the proper type for your card.
    You shouldn't get a black screen if the card is seated firmly and the monitor cable is attached to the card, even if you don't have the right drivers installed.

You can download the nVidia drivers here.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/win9x_81.98.html

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/487857

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice