1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Graphics problem ("checkered")

Discussion in 'Games' started by DeadTim, Oct 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. DeadTim

DeadTim Thread Starter

1#[​IMG]
    2#[​IMG]

These problems started maybe a month ago before I bought a sound card. Well my real problem is that I don't know if my graphics card is hurt or not it seems so or is it the power supply that is hurt?
    This is taken from DxDiag
    Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_qfe.070227-2300)
    Language: Swedish (Regional Setting: Swedish)
    System Manufacturer: FUJITSU SIEMENS
    System Model: A8NE-FM
    BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
    Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+, MMX, 3DNow (2 CPUs), ~2.0GHz
    Memory: 2048MB RAM
    Page File: 549MB used, 3391MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
    DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

2. BlooChoo

BlooChoo

well..what graphics card have you got? and what had changed before the problem started, did u update drivers or install anything etc...

3. tom6049

tom6049

Ouch!
    That looks like a video card that is overclocked too much , overheating or is fried.
    Does this happen with only one game (possible driver problem) or all games?
    Does the screen look like this when the computer first gets to Windows
    (fried) or does this happen when playing a game (overheating)?

The first thing to check would be to see if the video card fan (if equipped) is still spinning.

4. DeadTim

DeadTim Thread Starter

Thank you guys for the attention, From the beginning it was just WoW for a pretty long time. Then I didn't care cause it was my brother who played frankly I didn't experince this on TF2 until very recently. And maybe a week after that is on windows screen as well, (the graphics in windows are only slightly faulty)

Edit: a new graphics card a possible solution?

5. DeadTim

DeadTim Thread Starter

Hopefully it fried because it was old and hopefully a new card can fix this, no more room for fan though maybe its better to buy a new computer? My power supply ony delivers 220~240 watt.

6. Nanie

Nanie

You shouldn't need a whole new computer to power it, just a new power supply can work wonders.

7. DeadTim

DeadTim Thread Starter

Nice thank you for the reply!!

8. BlooChoo

BlooChoo

yeh get ur self atleast a 500watt power supply and a new gpu...shud sort the probs

9. DeadTim

DeadTim Thread Starter

Nice, I will probably do it as soon as I have money to do it.

10. BlooChoo

BlooChoo

yeh keeping a pc up to date does cost a bit of money..:)let me know wot sort of money ur wanting to spend and do some research on the best prices for u

11. DeadTim

DeadTim Thread Starter

Well I have found the perfect deal for me an antec toughpower trio 650 watt and sapphire x1950pro. Cooling seems to be my new problem. Idle system 66C and load sometimes reaches 80C. CPU seldom over 55C. But more often steady at 50C.

12. BlooChoo

BlooChoo

well yeh u ned to look into getting some decent system fans...what fans have you got?

13. ChemicalMonkey

ChemicalMonkey

the best system fan ever, My 24 inch house fan :) lol. i had major cooling toruble, spent tons on fans, finally i got tired of it and removed the casing and put screens around it to keep the inside pretty clean, and just used my house fan lol, keeps it nice and cool

14. tec_41

tec_41

^^That's so ghetto :D

15. DeadTim

DeadTim Thread Starter

My fans are som old cooler master fans, I will change them soon and maybe buy a new case.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/645113

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice