1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Graphics Problem!! Screen cycles through colours when launching full screen programs.

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by LovePump, Apr 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. LovePump

LovePump Thread Starter

Hi,

Last week I had to replace a corrupt HDD on my R730 Samsung Laptop's HDD.
    After reinstalling windows 7 I installed the drivers for my hardware according to the Samsung website.

Since this happened, 80% of the time when I launch a program that enters full screen mode, i.e. games (and also sometimes when alt+tabbing out of these applications), the display goes solid black and then begins to cycle through solid colours.

The only thing I can imagine would be causing the problem to occur is when opening the programs the screen resolution changes and somehow causes an error due to the drivers.

The graphics card is an Intel(R) HD Graphics.
    The video BIOS is 1994.0
    Current Graphics mode is 1600 by 900.

I'd really appreciate any useful comments on this problem as it has become quite tedious. If you need any more information please let me know what it is and the best way to obtain it.

Thanks in advance :)

2. Sponsor

3. LovePump

LovePump Thread Starter

Bump! Anyone have any suggestions? :(

4. Axor

Axor

Right click on my compiuter>>properties >. device manager, There will be anythink what's wrong with your drivers. Watch it :0

5. LovePump

LovePump Thread Starter

Just checked that, apparently there are no faults with my drivers and they are all up to date. Thanks though :(

I can't see how this can be a hardware problem as my laptop was working perfectly pre-HDD failure and this problem started occurring immediately after.

I've also noticed that my laptops battery life indicator on the taskbar keeps telling me I have a problem with my battery, again this has only started happening since replacing my drive.

I've looked online at the very few posts regarding the problem I have and they all seem to point towards loose cables or hardware problems, but I simply don't see how this can be. Surely somebody must be able to shed some light on the fault? :(

6. Axor

Axor

I gues your windows is XP ? If so, i can't move you to direct place, but, you should right click on desktop>>properties and there will be some tabs, And if i remember good, so there is a graphicks tab, try looking there.

7. black-wolf

black-wolf

Are you having the problem with the laptop plugged in to an outlet?
    Your battery may be failing. It is possible that whatever caused the HDD to fail may have affected other parts of the laptop.

8. Fisher783

Fisher783

Have you tried playing games in a lower resolution? This might prevent the flickering affect.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1050406

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice