1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Graphics problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Haggisinlondon, Jan 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Haggisinlondon

Haggisinlondon Thread Starter

Morning

I have the following problem with regards to my graphics card - I have a (Nvidia) Riva TNT 2 (with 32Mb onboard memory - I think). Quite old!!

The question is this:

I have been experiencing major hassles with colour and more importantly the brightness of my monitor output - whilst watching DVD's etc. I think my settings are on 32 bit True Colour, with 1024x768 resolution and a refresh rate of 70 hertz. I have to tweak the brightness and Gamma correction in my settings to make my desktop seem bright enough - and I have to change the overlay colour management to 170% Brightness in order to watch DVD's properly. Even then the external settings on my Monitor are
    maxed out in terms of Brightness and contrast.

Is this because of the my graphics card not quite handling everything? Do I need to change the settings to 16bit High Colour. Do I need to change the screen area to 800x600? Is my monitor the problem?

Also when I play games - Commando's 2 and Shogun etc - at 1024x768 - the screen is too dark - but at 800x600 - it is fine.

Help please!

2. brianF

brianF

Cards running dark in games is normal, my question would be have you tried a different monitor to rule out that it's not a monitor fault.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/65979

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice