1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Graphics Problems screen shots

Discussion in 'Games' started by becky7234, Jul 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. becky7234

becky7234 Thread Starter

I thought it was the game (Second Life), but it showed up in the game Fiesta. Please see att. What is the problem??:confused:

Attached Files:

2. Super-D-38

Super-D-38

Is this a recent and sudden problem?
    If you lower your video acceleration in Windows will it go away?
    Do you notice any "speckles" anyplace else? (Other than games)

Well, I think graphics card.. My $.02 anyway.
    Just be sure your video drivers are up to date.

If everything is up to date.. Your video card may be dieing.

3. dez_666

dez_666

I agree with super, you card could be dieing. I am just curious, is the thing you are complaining about the 'pipe' things going across the screen?

I broke my old video card's pixel shaders after overclocking it :cool:
    And depending on how much you use it, how old it is, if it had the right voltage going to it, your card could in fact be on its last leg.

4. becky7234

becky7234 Thread Starter

I can play other games like The Sims Online, which ran as smooth as silk, but these 2 (so far) are the only ones that cause the problem. The screen shot was snapped randomly, and yes, my complaint is the irratic bars/pipes/lines all over the place, and the speckles only appear in the 2 games. Then finally the game freezes and locks my pc! Painintheazz. I would think my graphics card would last longer than 2 yrs? I don't have any other graphic problems at all.

5. becky7234

becky7234 Thread Starter

How do you lower your video acceleration in Windows??? {sorry :.noob.:} Is that an "open the cpu" fix, or or something I can adjust w/o getting in the guts?

6. Super-D-38

Super-D-38

OK.. lets see.. Right click your desktop... then see attached pic.

Just 2 games.. could be bad driver, or the games are using part of your video card that the others don't.. a different shader model or is just asking too much of that card.

As far as life span.. it can die whenever it feels like it. Thats the trouble, ya never really know when.

Attached Files:

7. Super-D-38

Super-D-38

try updating your graphics drivers again.. and re install directx 9c if you can.

Yeah your card should play those.. and it's not a cheap card either.. yeesh. :eek:
    Hope it's not dieing.. maybe drivers...

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/597726

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice