1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

graphics

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by wood, Sep 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wood

wood Thread Starter

Made web page using word 2002
    chessboard graphic shows only in computer gibberish
    all setting for i.e. are correct to the best of my knowledge
    show pictures and others are checked
    is there something i missed
    site works on my computer, showing chessboards
    sons computer will not show graphic
    his settings are same as mine, both have xp and i.e. 6
    http://www.geocities.com/scc_ws/index.html

2. e-liam

e-liam

Hi wood, and welcome to TSG.. :)

I've just had a look at the source code for your page, and although admitting I don't know much about this.. :) it seems that for the images to be seen, you need to have "far eastern language support" enabled.

I assume you have it enabled on yours; and your son, like me, doesn't, and so get the same 'gibberish'. :(

Unless you add a little download for your users, they will see what I do. So you may want to change the images to *.gif or *.jpg before uploading them.

That's my tuppeny's worth anyway.. :)

Hope that helps, but I'm sure someone else will give you further (and probably better) advice.

Cheers

Liam

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/164665

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice