Green Pixels and Floppy Disk(s) Errors

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Takara

Hi all, first post on this forum.

I'm currently posting from my other computer, the computer with the problem looks like this:

Right now, even when I try to turn the computer on I have to press F1 to get past the rather annoying Floppy Error, when I don't even have a Floppy Drive. I've heard that you can fix it with BIOS, but I don't know how.

The Graphics Card I'm currently using is a Geforce 8800 GT.

Thanks in advance,

Takara

Hi mate!

To be honest I can't figure out what is the problem with the screenshot you posted!!! Please explain!

As for the floppy thing:

-Get into your BIOS: Restart your PC and at the first screen that gives you info about RAM, CPU, drives etc you will be able to see a "Press DEL to enter setup" prompt. Do so and you will get into your BIOS screen. There you should locate something like "Standard CMOS features" or "Advanced BIOS settings".

-Search for any entry regarding floppy drives like: "Floppy 1.44" or "Legacy Floppy" or anything similar. Get to it and select "None" or "Disabled".

-Get out of this screen (usually by hitting the Esc key. Select "Save to CMOS and exit" or "Save changes and exit" or something similar. You are done!!!

Be careful before altering your BIOS settings as a mistake can ruin your PC!!! If you are not sure of something just don't do it! Post back with any questions you have! Cheers!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online