1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Green question mark in Device Manager

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by krazeecrw, Feb 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. krazeecrw

krazeecrw Thread Starter

I have a Windows ME system. I am trying to install a Delkin Devices Reader-16. No software is needed for it as it uses the native drivers in the ME system. When I connect it, I go to my Device Manger and under Universal Serial Bus Controllers, I see a green question mark by the USB Mass Storage unit. I double-clicked it and it said the device is working properly. I looked at the driver details and found this:

C\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\USBSTOR.SYS
    C\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\VMM32.VXD (NTKERN.vxd)
    C\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\USBNTMAP.SYS

The reader only needs the USBSTOR.sys file to function. Are these other drivers causing a conflict? If so, how can I get rid of them?

2. slchuangs

slchuangs

USB Drivers Missing for Sony Micro Vault - Dimension - Removable ... - ...
    When I plug in a Sony Micro Vault USB storage device, Windows ME recognizes device, but can't find 2 drivers: USBSTOR.SYS and USBNTMAP.SYS. ... and says insert Windows ME disc???????

Can you send me the driver needed to install please?
    isn't it meant to be plug and play on Windows ME and compatible?

[email protected]

3. VirtualMe

VirtualMe

Well guys,

On my Me pc I had trouble getting the usb Sony Reader/Writer to function till I updated the Aspi drivers

You can download aspi_v471.exe and run the ASPICHK version checking utility to see what version you have.

I tried everything, bios settings, updated drivers from sony, but until I updated the aspi drivers it was no go for me.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!