1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Green Stripes attached to Mouse Cursor/Pointer

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by DarrenLee, Jan 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. DarrenLee

DarrenLee Thread Starter

I recently purchased a Dell Dimension E521 desktop with Windows XP home media edition. My monitor is a Dell 2007WFP Flat Panel display connected to a 256mb NVidia GeForce 7300Le Video Card. I'm using the digital cable to connect the monitor to the computer.

Approximately after a month of using the system, I'm now getting a green box attach it's self to my mouse pointer/cursor. This green box is made up of 8 small green stripes.

I called Dell tech support and all they had me do was go to my control panel ensure that my mouse "scheme" was set to Windows Default. I changed that and my mouse is still coming back with small green stripes attached to it. I've tried changing my resolution and it appears at all different resolution settings. I've also updated all of my video drivers and they are all current !

Does anyone have any ideas as to what could be causing this? I don't think that it's affecting anything, however I thought I'd list the monitor information in case it's somehow tied to that.

Would appreciate any help available.

Thanks!

2. Flags

Flags

Darren: Is it possible that someone has downloaded some odd-ball cursor program on your PC?
    Look in Control Panel-Add/Remove Programs for a cursor program.
    Just a hunch.

3. DarrenLee

DarrenLee Thread Starter

Hi.
    Thanks for the tip about a cursor program.

I checked my control panel and there is no cursor program there....I use the computer basically 99.999% of the time....a friend may use it once a while to check e-mail but she wouldn't be using it to download anything.

I have a feeling it's related to something in the hardware...

Any other ideas??

4. Flags

Flags

Darren: Not really. Did this just start all by itself or after you downloaded some program?
    Weird!

5. DarrenLee

DarrenLee Thread Starter

I can tell you that I even went as far as reinstalling the image that came on the system and the stripes are still there.

So, in response to it being attached to a downloaded program, you would think that they would be gone if I had to reinstall the computers image (which I did for other reasons).

So....I'm still left wondering why these green stripes are attached to my mouse cursor/pointer !!

Any additional feedback ???

6. Flags

Flags

Hmmm: When you say you reinstalled the image, do you mean the operating system?
    Did you reformat the drive also? if so, then yes, all programs are gone. Also all drivers, etc. But you would have to reinstall all the drivers.
    Have a look at your video card settings. Maybe there's a setting there.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/537281

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice