1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

gremlins in my pc

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mojohelpless, Feb 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mojohelpless

mojohelpless Thread Starter

my computer has been very strange with a lagging mouse, repetitive sounds when using mouse, typing parts of words, mouse freezing during opening or closing of programs, lots of little monsters in here. running windows 98se, pentium II, upgrades to disk and RAM (96 is all i'v got) for the love of god HELP!!!thanks that helped but still some monsters left as of 2/11 it worked but the problem came back and i have run spybot until there are no bots left

2. rugrat

rugrat

Many of these problems can caused by installed spyware. Go here

http://www.lurkhere.com/~nicefiles/

and download spybot, once installed, update it and remove all of the red checked items. Once this is done, defrag the system and let us know the results.

SeeYa

3. mojohelpless

problem still exists along with a plethora of other ones. clock is losing time. cannot enter setup cannot exit scandisk. computer always freezes when i try to play age of empires i am tota loss.

4. pronute

pronute

I had this problem a few years ago on one of my systems all I did was to upgrade the video card, this worked for me. if you have intergrated video you can try upgrading the video driver.

5. rockinmale

rockinmale

To address one of your problems. Your running a older pentium 2 motherboard. Chances are the cmos battery is old. That's why your time is inconsistant. Replacing the cmos battery isnt hard at all and isnt that expensive.

Open your tower and look for a battery on the motherboard. It looks like a shiny silver watch battery. Carefully pop it out and replace it with the same number listed on the battery. If i recall, but dont quote me on it. I think its the 2038. Pop in the new battery and then go into your bios settings and setup all your parameters.

6. mojohelpless

i will check battery ASAP. But the gremlins are getting stronger and stranger. whatever i have changed all my .txt, .ini, and .doc icons then later changed back. mouse is still acting up, keyboard missing strokes as i type, sund still repetitive only moreso than before. have run macafee virus scan- nothing. spybot a cuple of things nothing major. now getting illegal operations nkernell32.dll and twain32.dll in photo program i am at a loss

7. torgo

torgo

have you run a virus scan?

8. n2gun

n2gun

9. mojohelpless

thanks housecall did help found a trojan (malware.vbs_lovelettras). but cant find this exact one in any libraries. have some of the symptom files but not all specified. am still having illegal operation problems. clock is better.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/117798

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice