gremlins in registry

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mauriceawalton

I have gremlins in my registry but my main problem is loss of administration rights, if I could regain these I should be able to sort it out. Unfortunately I am blocked from doing anything and I can't create another user. Before I have to reinstall XP I would welcome suggestions

Try this in a batch file:

net user new_username new_password /add
net localgroup Administrators new_username /add
net accounts /maxpwage:unlimited

mauriceawalton

My thanks to dmneoblade for taking the time to answer my query.
Unfortunately it did not work, but I am still able to run and I may come across a solution without having to re-install XP.

mauriceawalton

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online