1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Grey lines & Can't run CD in "D" drive

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by grandmalyons, Nov 28, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. grandmalyons

grandmalyons Thread Starter

Hello...My first visit...Problem#1 I have grey ghost lines on my screen. I don't know where they came from or how to get rid of them..No viruses...That, I know ...I had an on line house call made plus I undated my Norton and and scaned my system myself.....
    ...Whenever there is an image or words ,then there is a like a grey smeer all across the screen...Problem #2 When I put in a CD in my "D" drive .I get a message with a red "X" and saying D:\ is not accessible...The device is not ready...Can you help a flustrated
    Grandmother ???Your help is most appreciated...
    Grandmalyons
    :confused

2. brianF

brianF

As for the gray lines, could be the video drivers are corrupt, if you have the installation disk reinstall them or download and install new ones from the video card manufacturer

3. SavvyLady

SavvyLady

The grey ghost lines you speak of....are they all over the screen or just in one corner....

Have you adjusted your desktop display... sounds like its out of sink. Horizontal & verticle adjustments may be needed . With the other problems you mentioned I am inclined to think you need to update your monitor drivers and your display drivers as well as adjust the refresh rate *mhz to default*. This is mostly done on the desktop properties by right clicking on an empty spot on the desktop.

Savvy :)

4. Tmiester

Tmiester

I am not a professonal by far , but I would tend to say that your moniter may be defective. There might be a conrast problem or a color problem. Try adjusting the contrast/ brightness / or the color.
    If that doesn't help then the moniter is bad.
    As for #2 not sure what operating system you have I will assume windows , go to start click my computer and then cd rom or d:drive. if information pops up in the window then it is reading the disk. If this is the case there might be a driver error.
    Try other cd's to see that they do the same thing or you may to reinstall the cd that you are you using from the window on d: drive. Look for an install folder .
    Hope this helps.:)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/59883

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice