1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Grey Screen, striped screen or pixelated screen

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Terrorshaft, Sep 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Terrorshaft

Terrorshaft Thread Starter

Hey guys,

Ok so I redid the post as it all came out quite unclear and blurry.

Screen turns either black, grey or whatever color is closest to the program I was running in stripes as the image in my own reply shows.

Occationally my screen flickers but runs for a bit longer but it seems to be a sign of the system crashing.

The screen flickers occationally during bootup and sometimes causes my computer to run with the screen inactive. When the system crashes I often get a message showing the OC had failed when I am running default settings and sometimes I get an error loading OS which seems peculiar as I've had no issues with my harddrives on earlier occations untill now when I replaced my video card and RAM memory.

Speccs:
    New card: ASUS adeon EAH5870 v2
    Mainboard: ASUS P5P43TD(775-socket Intel Dualcore CPU running 3.16GHz)
    New RAM: Corsair 16GB DDR3 1333MHz

Both BSOD error logs are in a zipped folder in the first post.

2. Terrorshaft

Bump with content ok so I managed to boot my system in safe mode and I'm going to add the .dmp file and the .xml file from the error log which for once confirmed a bluescreen(See picture for the "blue" screen)
    Also the system nearly every time after crashing claims I have OC'd the system when I was running default settings except for setting the HDD with my OS first.

[​IMG]

I've added both logs in the zipped folder attached, couldnt upload them as they were due to file format.

Attached Files:

3. Terrorshaft

Ok so now the day after my computer refuses to boot properly at all. It simply starts running but the monitor doesnt seem to be getting any signal.

I had a similar issue earlier but it somehow resolved itself.

Does anyone have any clues at to what could be issue? I think its my graphic card/mainboard but I could'nt find anything that could cause a problem on the speccs of either of them.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/951149