1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Grey screen with working mouse when starting computer

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Sasydoro, Aug 20, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. Sasydoro

Sasydoro Thread Starter

I wish it could give you specific details from my computer. All I know is I have a hp laptop with Microsoft 8. The model # is 15-ba016nr
    I was playing a game on AARPsite and the computer froze.i tried CONTROL, ALT, DELETE and that didn't work. I turned the computer off and on and that didn't work. I soon realized that the screen was grey (I was able to make it lighter or darker). The curser worked also and the music is still working(I am also able with the keyboard make the music softer or louder).
    Further I can't do anything at all. If you could help me it would be greatly appreciated.

2. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    If that's the music from the game, then you really haven't powered down the computer because the game is still running.

Press and hold the power button until you are positive it has powered down. In fact, unplug it, then hold the power button.

Wait a few minutes, plug it back in and power up the computer. Is Windows loading?

3. Sasydoro

Sasydoro Thread Starter

Dear plodr
    I held down the power button for one whole minute and it worked. The computer updated for about 20 minutes and now I am able to use it again.
    I don't know how to thank you.
    Thanks for answering my question.
    Now I don't have to buy a new computer.
    Dorothea

4. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    You're welcome.
    Please click the green Mark Solved button at the top left of your first post.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1231736

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice