Grisoft AVG Free Edition 7.0.336 Released

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Curious that it doesn't get noticed by running the update process of AVG... I wonder what changed from the previous version, I have 7.0.323.

downloaded it twice today. can't install because they didn't send licence number. the old number will not work.

golferbob said:
downloaded it twice today. can't install because they didn't send licence number. the old number will not work.
Having exactly the same problem, golferbob :( I tried to install but first it said previous versions had to be uninstalled, so I did that. Now trying for the zillionth time to get this version...sigh ANY version as I am right now, AV unprotected :eek:

Matt < wishes he had read this thread for a while rather than jumping in big fat head first :eek:

PS Cannot find old license # as I think it went with the old version. Oh and I was ever so efficient and emptied my recycle bin :rolleyes: and cannot even do a system restore back to yesterday....drats :mad:

Success! :cool:

Using the AVG forum link in my previous post, go to this post, and click on the link within that post

Ahhh. You could be right, but why I click on your link and go to this address: [free.grisoft.com]

I get 'page cannot be displayed'
blah, blah, blah...

...Cannot find server or DNS Error
Internet Explorer

It is the FREE version and has the license # set up in there.

Go me :D :eek:

Matt

i read the grisoft form and didn't find out anything .iam luck i have a cd with the old AVG 7 323 on it ,so i reinstalled that one till i get a licence number. i download once from majorgeeks and the second time from grisoft. both the same ,no licence number.

BTW, JohnWill, it is the 7.0.323. version that I had before, not the 7.0.336 as talked about in the heading of this thread... :confused: Oh well...back to reading this thread ;)

Matt :D

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
I suggest holding off on downloading this, it seems somewhat problematic at best. :D

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
I'm sorry I posted this update. I thought I was doing everyone a favor who uses the free edition. Sometimes being well-meaning can backfire on you. :(

flavallee said:
I'm sorry I posted this update. I thought I was doing everyone a favor who uses the free edition. Sometimes being well-meaning can backfire on you. :(
Hey no worries, flavallee :D
It was another learning experience for me (y) and nothing that couldn't be undone was done ;) Besides, I now have a brand new AVG with no "history" :D

Matt

Cheeseball81

Retired Moderator
I'm glad I came across this post, Frank :)

I still have 7.0.323.

Think I should wait?

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
It's your choice. I don't use Grisoft AVG myself, but my son-in-law does. I wouldn't know what's new or improved from 323 to 336. :confused:

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online