1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

group emails

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by donnaremedy, Feb 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. donnaremedy

donnaremedy Thread Starter

Does anyone have any experience with posting out group emails? I want to send out a newsletter obviously maintaining anonymity for the recipients by using the Bcc option, rather than the 'to' box, but i think i am correct in thinking that this means that the newsletter will be indicated as being 'to' 'undisclosed recipient' which is not ideal as it looks unprofessional and can be processed as spam. I think that the commonly suggested alternative here is to use an email in the 'to' field or my own name, but ideally i want the overall presentation to be as professional as possible and i notice that email newsletters i have received from other organisations have somehow enabled my name/email to be in the 'to' field- how have they done this? How can i send out group emails that maintain the privacy of its recipients whilst also having the individual name/email of each recipient appear in the 'to' field of each individuals in-box?
    I notice that often when i have recieved group mails that work how i want mine to- my email/name is in inverted commas, or brackets (well these: <>) does that have anything to do with it? :confused:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/328061

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice